Let The Planning Begin For Your New York City Wedding With Your Local Florist
Are you popping the question along with champagne for the New Year? Love is in the air during the holiday season and it remains one of the most popular times to propose to your loved one. And, there is no better time to begin planning for the most special day.Once the proposal is accepted, the planning needs to begin. Many venues in New York need to be reserved at least one year in advance. Once you pin down the venue, choosing the flowers are essential. While the bridal party remains an important recipient of lavish bouquets, decorating in around the venue is vital to capturing the mood for the day. Guests see the venue first, when they walk into the church or reception hall, the entrance is the first impression.Choosing the perfect New York City wedding flowers can be a daunting task. Here are a few important topics to keep in mind when deciding on arrangements.
- Before meeting with an expert florist, know your budget and style. Are you a classic or modern bride? Are you looking to wow or keep it simple and stylish?
- Decide your quantity. Of course, the bride will have a bouquet and the groom a boutonniere. Will you also outfit the parents and bridal party?
- Consider your venue: Where are all the places you plant to dress up your venue? The tables will have a centerpiece, but is there a water fountain to place rose petals? Mantels and fireplaces are excellent places for tight arrangements while a free-flowing, organic piece may make for a grand entrance. Florists can also use ceilings and stages as a canvas to paint arrangements.
- Are you getting married in a place of worship? If so, arrangements often deck chuppahs or alter where the vows are exchanged.
- Color: Color is one of the most important choices. Colors are often symbolic such as red is the color of passion. The floral color will also stand out against a white or ivory backdrop of the bride’s dress. Are your bridesmaid’s wearing a particular color? It’s important that the color match the scheme of the dresses but also your personal style. Are you bold and passionate or more classic with hints of subtle color?
- Finally, consider the season. Flowers that are in season will guarantee that they are not only fresh, but also readily available.
Regardless of what you choose, your Manhattan florist is here to help you make these important decisions. So, ring in the New Year with a ring and a smile and begin planning for your future as Mr. and Mrs.